YouGiveGoods COVID-19 Response
There's so much uncertainty and anxiety as we navigate the surreal new reality brought to us by the COVID-19 pandemic.
School and workplace closures caused by the coronavirus crisis have hit low income families hard as they struggle with limited access to basic necessities while children have no access to free breakfast/lunch and essential school supplies. Seniors and other vulnerable populations are also struggling to attain needed food and supplies while staying healthy and safe.
Now more than ever YouGiveGoods stays committed to connecting those in need to those who want to help.
YouGiveGoods' balance of technology and personal customer care makes us uniquely positioned to help meet the growing need amid the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Donors shop online and purchase brand-new items needed by nonprofits without the risk of entering a store or of discovering needed items are out of stock.
- YouGiveGoods delivers all donated items in bulk, brand-new and pre-sorted.
- A YouGiveGoods team member communicates directly with the organization to schedule a delivery time that works for them. As nonprofits scramble to move their focus to COVID-19 crisis services and hours of operation and volunteer hours fluctuate, this is proving to be extrememly important.
- When the delivery arrives volunteers are ready and can work quickly and efficiently to unload the delivery without any sorting or counting.
New COVID Care drives are starting every day raising goods for nonprofits across the country to support those in need. Some COVID-19 drives are raising healthy food, cleaning supplies, personal hygiene items and diapers. Other events are raising school supplies, toys and games for children displaced by school closings. Events are benefitting small local food pantries and large national organizations such as Save the Children, The Salvation Army and Feeding America. Corporations are stepping up employee virtual volunteering programs aimed at COVID relief and individuals are tapping into their own online communities. The compassion and generosity we are witnessing is astounding.
While this is a highly changeable situation, there is some important information we'd like to share with you regarding our current operations:
- We are closely monitoring product inventory and availability.
- We are in contact with nonprofit recipients regarding their ability to receive shipments.
- We are managing deliveries closely amid ever-changing circumstances.
UPDATE 4/16/20: YouGiveGoods is experiencing the same supply chain issues that are affecting our food stores and other e-commerce sites. We are working tirelessly to manage orders and shipments to our nonprofit recipients amid ever-changing circumstances. We are in touch with each nonprofit regarding item delays and substitutions where possible. Partial shipments will go out as we work on back ordered items. Thank you for your patience as we weather this storm together.
We’d like to send a huge thank you out to our logistics partners and to every warehouse worker and truck driver who have been working tirelessly to keep our communities up and running. Yes, we are a tech company, but we could not do what we do without our supply chain and delivery partners. We are confident that our warehouse and delivery partners are working diligently at their facilities to ensure the safety of their workers whose underappreciated hard work and service is more valuable than ever.
If you are wondering how you can run an event or donate food and supplies for COVID-19 support please feel free to reach out to us. Getting most-needed goods to nonprofits is all we do, and we are ramping up to see this crisis through to the end.
Together we'll get through this.